Online registration for the 2019 Atlanta Catechist Conference is now closed. You can still register the day of the event on site at the hotel.
Day of Event Information
- We have over 1,400 people registered for this event – CARPOOL if at all possible!
- Allow extra time to park and walk in (with that many people, there will be a lot of cars!)
- Parking in the lots around the hotel is FREE. Once those lots fill up, there is adjoining parking in the Cobb Galleria Parking Deck for $5.00. This rate is for the whole day; no validation of ticket is needed.
- Most name badges have been mailed to your parish/school leader to distribute or were mailed individually. DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR NAME BADGE TO THE CONFERENCE!
- If you registered after August 4th, you will pick up your name badge at Will Call when you get to the conference.
What to do when you arrive
- BRING YOUR NAME BADGE WITH YOU. If you have your name badge, NO CHECK-IN NEEDED.
- Pick up a lanyard and program on the tables at the top of the stairs
- Enjoy the vendors if you get there early, or go directly to the Main Ballroom for the Opening Session.
How to Register Online
- Go to the Workshops page on the website for detailed workshop descriptions or the Speaker page for speaker bios.
- You may also download the conference brochure that includes workshop information and catechist certification information.
- All workshops offer credit for catechist certification in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Please visit the Catechist Certification webpage for information. Your parish catechetical leader can also help you in the certification process.
- Ask your Director of Religious Education (DRE) or Parish Catechetical Leader (PCL) if a parish discount applies. Note to parish leaders: Parishes who wish to supplement or cover the cost of their catechist’s registration fees, contact Benedict Esposito, email@example.com.
- Special Focus Tracks – Some workshops are designated for specific ministries but are open to all. You may choose all of your workshops from one track or select workshops from multiple tracks. Focus tracks include:
- Youth Ministry workshops are designed for Youth Ministers, catechists and core team members who minister to middle and high school youth
- Adult Faith Formation workshops are designed for volunteers and leaders who lead adult faith formation. These workshops may also be relevant to Parish Catechetical Leaders who lead parent meetings or administer family catechesis.
- Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) workshops focus on the process of Christian Initiation. The workshops are for both RCIA leaders and team members.
- Parish Catechetical Leader (PCL) workshops are for people who lead faith formation programs at a parish. Typically, this is a paid staff member but in some cases, a volunteer will function in this role. (English only)
- Early Bird – July 13: deadline for early bird pricing of $25 -Name badges will be mailed to your parish. No waiting in line!
- Regular Rate – July 14 – August 3: $30 – Name badges will be mailed to your parish. No waiting in line!
- Late Registration – August 4 – August 11: $35 (Pick up name badge at Will Call window on August 17.)
- August 12-17 – $45. No online or mail in registrations will be processed. Please come on August 17th and register on site (limited workshop availability).
- Registration for those outside the Archdiocese of Atlanta, $55.
- Payment is due with registration by credit card for online registration and by check for mail-in registration.
Registration is a three part process:
- Input contact information and select your workshops
- Submit workshops and pay. Registration it not complete until your payment is processed. No refunds will be issued.
- Registration will be confirmed with 2 emails: payment receipt (emailed immediately) and workshop schedule (emailed within 24 hours). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive these emails.
Register by Mail
- Download the conference brochure here
- Complete the last page and mail with your check payable to: “Atlanta Catechist Conference”
- Mail to: Archdiocese of Atlanta. 2401 Lake Park Drive SE, Smyrna, GA 30080. Attention Benedict Esposito
- Mailed registrations must be received by August 1st!